Make a difference on international development and security projects around the globe. Join our software engineering team in Barcelona and work on state-of-the-art information gathering, analysis and communication tools tailored to organizations operating in fragile environments.
- Be part of a team of software developers building industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions that are targeted at fragile environments (counter-extremism, counter-propaganda, anti-piracy, border security, humanitarian aid impact monitoring, political economy mapping, etc).
- Utilise the department's development infrastructure, development processes and software programming techniques and provide feedback as appropriate.
- Contribute to building a productive, pleasant working environment using the senior team members as role models.
- Position reports to the Lead Engineer.
- Assist with the Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Documentation of the flagship FUSION engine.
- Development of new software tools as required by clients around the world.
- Refinement and development of new features for our existing solutions.
- Assist in the estimation of tasks, identify possible obstacles and propose appropriate solutions.
- Follow company data protection and cyber security guidelines in all stages of work.
- Liaise with Business Development and Data Science department and provide support as required.
- Provide 8 hours of daily work and make sure all company deadlines are met.
- 2+ years of Backend Software engineering experience as part of a versatile team
- Proficient understanding of Node.JS
- Proficient understanding of Non-SQL Databases, including MongoDB and Neo4J.
- Good understanding of SQL Databases including PostgreSQL.
Bonus: past experience with Ruby on Rails, previous start-up experience, languages (Arabic, Spanish, French, etc.)
Apply for Backend Developer
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.