Home-based, part-time role | We are seeking a Business Development Manager to cultivate new leads, maintain relations with prospective and existing clients and increase the overall number of projects we undertake each year.
Fat Rat creates innovative, story-led communications that contribute to wider societal impacts. Taking a collaborative and respectful approach, we work on projects we believe in, telling stories that need to be heard.
An established and ambitious team, we thrive on telling underreported and often ignored stories whilst supporting the communications objectives of organisations we believe in. We let the stories dictate the format, looking for new ways to surprise, entertain and enlighten. Holding our relationships with clients and contributors in the highest respect, we cultivate long lasting relationships that produce informed and authentic work. Our work delivers impact through craft, creativity and a critical awareness of intended audiences.
We are expanding in 2020 and to underpin and sustain this growth we are seeking a Business Development Manager to cultivate new leads, maintain relations with prospective and existing clients and increase the overall number of projects we undertake each year. This is a new role; it is being initially offered as a home-based part-time role on a 12 month fixed term contract, but there may be potential to extend. As we work between London and Barcelona, we imagine these locations might be most suitable for you to be based, though we are flexible on this particular point.
This role involves sourcing new business opportunities, proactively managing client relations and negotiating in order to boost sales. Some of the main areas you will be involved in include:
- Lead generation - researching new leads and potential clients in the INGO/UN agency arenas, and liaising with Company Director (Development lead) to set up initial contact, pitches and meetings
- Developing and maintaining a database / CRM of former and prospective clients, reviewing this with colleagues at regular intervals (continually tracking these, and reporting on the progress of each on a frequent basis); Maintaining high quality information in all aspects of client records
- Keeping in touch with former and prospective clients, and presenting the company to prospective clients; Replying to sales enquiries with well-written, tailored messages
- Liaising with Company Directors to develop proposals, then continuing to work with Company Directors to negotiate with clients leading to signed contracts
- Liaising with clients, sending out proposals, contracts and other correspondence
- Developing and managing processes in the area of Business Development for the company
- Working with colleagues to develop effective marketing and other communications materials, including contributing to the development of the company’s pitching deck
- Seeking to commercialise past projects until they are distributed or in some other way generate income or boost the profile of the company.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary £39,000pa (prorated to 0.5 FTE) + performance-based bonus;
- 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata);
- Employer pension contribution;
- A home-based, largely self-managed role;
- Part time and flexible schedule;
- Some UK and international travel;
- A dynamic, international and fun team; and
- We give back by supporting a chosen charity each year and hold lots of fun events for employees and clients.
- A self-starter and problem-solver;
- Persuasive, professional and persistent, but not pushy;
- Highly organised, accurate, and with attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Time-management skills, and the discipline to work effectively away from the rest of the team
- Knowledge of and/or interest in film, web and digital developments;
- Ability to identify gaps in company policies and procedures and draft new ones, as they pertain to this role
- Ability to work flexibly, with an international team, using cloud-based software including, for example, Google Drive
Specific skills & experience:
- Accomplished in internet, social media and telephone research methods for lead generation
- Experience in a lead generation role
- Experience of creating and maintaining a CRM
- Experience of pitching to new clients
- Experience of working in B2B sales
- Negotiation and sales skills
- Spanish language (preferred)
- Experience in the media production and/or communications sectors (preferred)
Additionally, candidates should possess the legal right to work for a UK-based company at the time of applying; work permits will not be sought for appointees to this post.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.